Illness and Medication
- Parents are not allowed to bring in a child sick or show symptoms of illness in case of fever, diarrhea, vomit, until the child is free of these symptoms for at least 24 hrs.
- If the child shows symptoms of illness while in school, the parent will be notified and should pick up their child immediately to prevent aggravation and seek early medical assistance.
- If your child feels sick and is unable to participate in normal activities of the school he/she should be away from school to ensure the safety of not only your child but other children.
- Other than the basic safety aid, the school will not administer any medication to the child without the prior permission of the parent.
- If at any time a child should be involved in an accident in school the parent will be notified immediately. Emergency contact information of parents and guardian will be maintained.
- Accidents: In case of a minor accident, first aid boxes are kept in every room. A serious emergency will be referred to a doctor affiliated to the school immediately.
- Closings: Unlisted holidays due to any untoward incidents or emergency closings will be notified to the parent through SMS, email, bulletin board or newspapers.
- The school will provide nutritionally balanced snacks in the morning. Milk will also be served on occasions.
- The school will not cater lunch.
“The parent’s role is that of a guardian, not a creator”
– Dr. Maria Montessori, Secret of Childhood